Writing Skills (writing skills) in English require careful attention and practice since what you write with a pen cannot be cut down with an ax. Although writing a letter is easier than expressing one’s thoughts orally, since there is time to think, comprehend, “Google” the necessary information.
Today, we will discuss several tips on how to improve your writing skills. These steps are so simple that they are easy to do, but it’s easy not to do it, and the result will only be for someone who WILL still execute them.
- Rewrite. Rewrite the texts or dialogues of your level. Just start with the fact that you will rewrite the text that you recently read in the lesson. This will help you better understand the new vocabulary, new grammatical structures and consolidate the old ones. This will really improve your spelling and make it easy to remember the repetitive patterns.
- Write Dictations. Here you will need the help of your friend, who may also want to improve his writing skills. Ask that you dictate the text or dialogue that you just copied or other text that you hear for the first time. In this task, you can practice not only your writing skills but also your listening skills.
- Just Write. After you have practiced enough times in previous assignments, it’s time to write your own texts. Again, you can agree with a friend to write to each other SMS or emails in English about how your day went or what news you heard today, or what you prepared today.
- Check. Be sure to check your own texts. You can ask someone for help.
- Make mistakes. Do not be afraid to make mistakes while writing. Errors are a prerequisite for improving your writing skills. I do not know anyone who could achieve anything in perfection without making mistakes. Another question is how well you work on the errors and the analysis of errors in order to prevent them from continuing. And yet be prepared that mistakes will be made. Just take them as one of the conditions for improving your writing skills, and when making an error analysis, try to avoid them more.